If you can't find what you're looking for please jump on our live chat and we'll be happy to help.
The Make My Blinds Warranty
Make My Blinds is so confident in the workmanship and overall quality of all of our blinds we offer an unrivaled and straightforward 5-year warranty on all purchases. It’s not just the customer service we pride ourselves on, but the choice of components and focus on quality. We like to take a common-sense approach with things, but for reasons, we need to list a few things that are not covered:
- Exposure to elements
- Normal wear and tear
- Non-domestic use
Further details can be found below.
- MakeMyBlinds (Henceforth referred to as MMB) offers an unrivaled 5-year warranty on all blinds sold via our website. This warranty covers the following parts and components for general wear and tear, so: brackets, roller components, top tube, bottom bar, Ventitian pulls and wands, slats, roller chains, chain links, bottom bars, motor, remote, cassette, internal components, strings, tapes, cords, and the fabric – except fading, cuts and any homemade alterations.
- Blinds fitted in a non-domestic environment are not covered under our 5-year warranty, nor is Make My Blinds liable for any damage or injury that may arise from these blinds being installed within a non-domestic environment. We supply blinds for residential settings inside the UK, so hotels, hostels, schools, B&B’s, holiday lets, overseas locations (outside the UK and Ireland), etc. aren’t covered under this warranty.
- Damage to the blinds, for example spilling red wine on the fabric, your dog biting the wooden slats, are not covered under our warranty. So if you see any issues around your blind when you come to install them, please make us aware as soon as possible - ideally within 7 days of delivery.
- Any homemade alterations to the blind will void our warranty. Come on guys, if you can’t cut straight we can’t be held responsible for that. Each case will be looked at on a case-by-case basis, but every blind is made to measure to your exact size requirements at the point of order and alterations to this or your blind will void the warranty.
- Blinds may need to be returned to MMB for inspection before a replacement or repair is offered. This is undertaken at the customer’s expense. Before this stage, we will require some photos to show and assist our quality control team with their inspections.
- In no event shall MMB be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense or fee.
- Misuse or incorrect installation in the correct environment will also void the MMB 5 year warranty. E.g. don’t install a blind in the bathroom that is not suitable for damp conditions, don’t put the roller blind fabric in the wash, don’t wipe clean the fabrics with bleach etc. Each case will be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Our customer advisors will be able to advise you on the best location to install each blind type before purchase.
- This guarantee is exclusive and in lieu of all other obligations liabilities or warranties. In no event shall Make My Blinds be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense or fee. This guarantee does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force.
We’ve tried to keep these as simple and straightforward as possible, with common sense applied to each point. If you have any questions or concerns over any of our products please get in touch via email, in the UK on 0117 463 0117, or start a webchat with us to discuss with one of our customer advisors – they’re pretty knowledgeable on what works best where and how to look after and care for your new blinds.
Please see our Trustpilot reviews from 1000’s of unbiased customers to see what they think of Make My Blinds after purchase. These reviews are collected independently and reflect customer opinions after dealing with us. Make My Blinds will always try to do the right thing if an issue arises as long as it does not breach the points listed above.