Careers at Make My Blinds
We're always on the lookout for new guys and gals to join our ever-growing family.
Careers at Make My Blinds
Having lost a whole Sunday trying to buy blinds for his new home, our Ryan decided to make the process as quick and hassle-free as possible. So drew up a plan and two months later, Make My Blinds was born. It turned out there were a lot of you out there who liked what we were doing and with simplicity at our core, we're quickly on the way to making the blind industry better.
With ambition and growth at the forefront of what we do, along with customer service and a keen eye for detail - we're always on the look out for people to join our team. See below for roles we are currently recruiting for.
Position #1 - Busines Development Executive
- To drive new business with (100%) warm domestic leads, alongside outreaching to trade suppliers, independent retailers, contractors and many other sectors that would benefit from our service and product.
- Create and maintain relationships with existing clients, both domestic and commercial.
- Build a strong client base with repeat customers.
You will spend much of the day on the phone, making outbound calls to prospects and following up on warm leads. You will primarily be responsible for generating interest in target accounts and working with one of the directors on sales opportunities.
This is a great role for someone who has some experience in lead generation or business development, enjoys the role (with success!) and is interested in developing their sales skills.
Do you have a knack for speaking with people and a naturally energetic character? We are looking for a talented sales person to join team. If you thrive hitting targets, building rapport with a variety of people easily and are persistent in the face of a challenge then please apply!
What will you be responsible for?
- B2B outbound sales – you will manage a pipeline of existing and past applicants (100% warm leads), with the goal of re-engaging the borrower and making sure we are their first choice.
- Build relationships with small businesses across the UK that can benefit from using our service and product.
- Identify and nurture leads to successful purchases.
- Working with Marketing to enhance our lead pipeline and maximise visibility in a competitive market.
- Sales & Business Development Executive.
- The role includes both B2C and B2B outbound and inbound marketing/calls.
- Work closely with the Account Managers to drive origination and growth in the business and provide an exceptional borrower experience
- Working with the Directors to figure out which leads to target, how to optimise and refine your initial outreach and improve conversion rates.
What will you bring to the role?
- A strong desire to work in a Account Management, Sales or Business Development role that you can truly develop and call your own.
- 6 months + telesales/customer service experience.
- Calm and happy disposition with a creative mindset (we like those who think outside of the box).
- Natural communication skills and energetic telephone manner.
- Dynamic and KPI-driven – you aspire to stretch your target every month.
- Driven to succeed both individually and as part of a tight-knit team.
- Good at DIY or has practical/technical knowledge.
- Strong business insight and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have exceptional communication skills.
- You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to earn trust whilst remaining commercially minded.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
Joining a rapidly expanding and successful company as a key member of staff you can expect a great opportunity that involves career progression, a top working environment and highly talented and sociable colleagues.
If your application is successful we will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion.
Hours, location and salary
This is no call centre! We’ll set you up with a shiny new computer and a spacious workspace at our lovely office. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee and lively banter. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make our industry that much better and simpler.
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Based in Avonmouth Bristol, within a larger friendly office with a shared fully equipped kitchen.
- ‘Good’ (not Instant) Coffee
- Table Tennis, Basketball & Friday BBQ’s (Weather Permitting)
How to apply
Send your CV and tell us why this is the role for you. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Job Type: Full-time